Sunday, November 2, 2008

Long Awaited Vacation

Well, the vacation we have been waiting for since February is finally here! I leave for Mex.ico tomorrow and Gary will meet me there on Wednesday. We didn't plan to travel separately but the N.avy had a different plan. Gary has an recruiting station audit first thing on Wednesday morning...then he will fly to Mexic.o in the afternoon. He should be at our resort by 11pm on Wednesday night--hopefully. Preparation for this audit has been extremely stressful for Gary and having it interrupt his long awaited vacation didn't help! I know he will be ready to relax by the time he gets there.
This vacation is to celebrate our 5 year anniversary! Hard for me to believe that in just 5 days shy of 5 years-- we got married! Time has flown by. In the past 5 years we've:

~Moved 4 times-- 2 being cross country.
~We adopted our furbaby Tanner.
~We bought our first home.
~We each bought new vehicles- twice.
~Had 2 failed intrauterine insemination's.
~Had 1 failed in vitro.


All in all we have had a great 5 years--more positives than negatives!! Of course adding a baby to the pictures is our ultimate goal, but looking back-- there is nothing I can complain about of our first 5 years of marriage! I am a very lucky woman!!

1 comment:

The Becklets said...

I hope you guys have a great vacation! Well deserved!!
Patty