Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

It's a new year! Time to start fresh! I woke up this morning to crisp air and LOTS of sunshine! What better way to start new year? I cant think of one! Gary and I had a quiet night at home last night. We rang in the new year with some wine (Captain and coke for Gary), a couple of movies, a to die for dinner, a little snooze from 11:15-11:45 (hehe...I am old!) and a champagne toast and kiss at midnight! It was really really nice! Now that I am older I realize how wonderful it is to wake up on New Years Day without a hangover. Seems for years that was the goal...how smashed can you get and how awful can you feel on day 1 of the next year. Those days are long gone and I love it!

As for the annual new years resolution... I have given this some thought. Seems every year...I make a resolution and within a few days I break it. Not a good way to start a new year. So this year... I have decided to make one resolution...one resolution that will play out how ever it needs to for me--but doesn't have a HUGE guilt tag associated with it if I end up not being perfect. My resolution---- To stop allowing our fertility challenges and my traveling for work to be an excuse to not take care of myself. Seems for the past year I have been using our fertility challenges and my inconsistent schedule as an excuse to not exercise, be unhealthy and eat less than optimal. I am done with that. 2009 is my year to focus on myself and my health. I will have my ups and I will have my downs...but that is okay.

I am worried a little about 2009-- I will be honest. I have this immense fear that an entire year will go by again and we still will be without child. I pray (daily) that this isn't the case. I pray that God blesses Gary and I with a baby in 2009. I pray that our timeline and God's timeline falls in line. For all those that pray for us...thank you! I wish everyone a happy, healthy 2009! Let this be a WONDERFUL year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you MEECH!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2009 Michelle!

I pray that all of yours and Gary's dreams will come true for you this year. Try to stay calm, keep on giving and I'm sure it will happen for you one day.

Cathy
www.thefriendshipstone.com

Miss Feisty said...

2009 will be our year...I just know it!

And I love your resolution! :)