Friday, October 10, 2008

Power of Prayer

Okay, I know I said yesterday I wasn't going to have much to post about...but this I have to post about!

On one of the infertility message boards that I visit daily, one of the girls decided to start a 9 day novena to St. Theresa. I have done it before, so I decided to join in again. We started last week and we were checking in daily for 9 days. Each day we would post our intention, say the prayer that was posted and answer a question of the day. With this St. Theresa novena we asked for confirmation of our prayers being heard by asking to be shown or showered with roses.


Yesterday was our last day-- so our question of the day was to state how we saw our rose. The other girls-had very obvious sitings-- me on the other hand-- all I could remember seeing was a green rose on the alter at church this past week. I thought, well, that must have been it-- that must have been my sign. So I posted my intention and answered the question of the day and went back to work.

Around noon yesterday, while I was on the phone with my sister, I noticed DHL pull up in front of my house and they rang the door bell, but since I was on the phone I didn't get up right away. So once I hung up with my sister, I went to get the package. It was a box from FTD. I opened the card-- from my sister-- the flowers were for my birthday which was last week. She was crazy busy with a wedding that she was in over the weekend and hadn't had a chance to send anything. I open the box... ROSES and calla lilies. ROSES!!! I just stood there in amazement. St. Theresa heard my prayers and wanted to let me know!

The power of prayer is amazing!

1 comment:

The Becklets said...

I got goose bumps when I read this! I also strongly believe in the power of prayer. Know that you are in our prayers in Scranton, PA.
Patty