Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Thermometer Grave Yard

Well... I have decided to put my basal thermometer to rest. When we really started focusing on trying to get pregnant- I started taking my temperature daily and recording it. Your temps are supposed to dictate where you are in your cycle and when you are most fertile. The issue with temping is that you have to do it first thing after you wake up---before you even get up to pee. And it is supposed to be after 4 solid hours of sleep. Oh, and another requirement...try to take your temp around the same time daily.
Easy right?
Well... it became pretty consuming for me. If I woke at 3am-- I had to have a mental debate with my self...do I take my temp now...or can I get up and pee and sleep 4 more hours? Have I already been sleeping 4 hours? What if I only sleep 3 hours-- will I have to discard this temp? Umm...yeah... mental debates in the middle of the night... don't always go well. I have fallen asleep with the thermometer in my mouth... woken up and wondered what the hell I was doing! Dropped the thermometer when trying to reach for it with my eye's closed. Trying to feel around for it on the floor--in the dark...without having to get out of bed.
Okay...I digress...I am putting the thermometer to bed...hopefully forever! Just wanted to share the moment with you!!
What my nightstand typically looks like...

The Graveyard... yes... i have more than 1 thermometer...

Goodnight... FOREVER!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Hi! Found your blog on the nest this morning and wanted to say that I really enjoy it.

It was (maybe) the most liberating day of my life when I put my bbt away for good!! Congrats on that.

Looking forward to reading up often! Feel free to come on over and visit me at www.unquestionablelove.blogspot.com anytime!