Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Alls Quiet Here...

Not much to report here-- hence the lack of posts.

Things have been relatively quiet! Gary and I had a good weekend catching up. We hadn't really had more than 1 day to ourselves in over 2 weeks, so it was nice to just hang out together and talk.

In our quest to find our "religious" fit here-- aka--a church we want to go to-- we made it back to the same church 2 weeks in a row. Anyone that knows me-- knows I grew up going to church--every Sunday--even through college (well, almost every Sunday). Once Gary and I got married-- because we chose to do it outside the catholic church and *gasp* I married someone who was divorced without an annulment-- I was no longer "allowed" to receive Communion in the catholic church-- so I basically lost my desire to practice my faith there. Yes, I have gone to catholic church several times since... each time... I remain seated during communion-- allowing myself to stick out like a sore thumb. Annoying. So since moving to LA I have visited several churches- different religions-- trying to find one where I feel like I fit in. Now Gary on the other hand-- not a big church go'er. Picture me begging on Christmas and Easter for him to go with me--so I don't have to go by myself. Anyway- a few weeks ago I mentioned I thought I wanted to try the Episcopal church here in town and wondered if he would go with me. He needed a couple weeks processing time, but committed to go with me. I was thrilled. We went-- it was nice-- very similar to catholic mass which makes me comfortable. We got a warm welcome from the pastor's wife and the pastor himself on our way out. I think they were being nice... or they were hoping to slip in the words "Jean's are not appropriate church attire!" Yup-- we wore jeans. I have been to the catholic church here a couple times-- seen people in jeans-- so I assumed jeans would be okay at this church too. Umm...yeah...no! I was wrong! We were the only 2 in jeans-- in the entire church. We sat in the second to last row-- watched every single person walk in- I am not exaggerating! How embarassing!

This past weekend...we decided to go again. We even went to buy Gary new "church" clothes. Ha! Who knows what is happening to us down here-- we may have found our fit!

Other than that... we are plugging along. We havent made any decisions on what our next step will be on the baby front. It has been a nice mental break to not be so focused on it. I still think about it daily, but it is not consuming my every thought-- like it was before. Eventually we will know what the "right" next step will be...but for now... no clue!

3 comments:

Ani said...

Hi! I just read your recent posts and the second to last resonated with me so much. That's where we were 4 years ago... just dying to be parents and grieving after a failed IVF. My thoughts are with you guys - hang in there! All the best.
Ani

Miss Feisty said...

Hey girl! I am soooo sorry that your IVF was a BFN!! Infertility sucks!

I feel like we are one in the same...readiing your thoughts thru the two week wait reminds me of myself!

And, about the bill for the ICSI ~ we had to pay additional for assisted hatching and I keep thinking if it doesn't work how mad I will be that we had to pay that!

The whole uncertainty of if it will ever work sucks, too!

You and your husband are in my prayers!!!

Miss Feisty said...

Thanks for your well wishes...I am so ready to JUST know!

:)