Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Hump Day!!!

I don't have much to write about today, but figured since I hadn't written since the weekend-- I better write!

Thankfully my week is almost over! Thanks to the holiday on Monday and my wonderful "summer" Friday's-- this was a whopping big 3 day week for me! This weekend Gary and I are heading to Dallas to watch 2 baseball games! I am really looking forward to the weekend away and I am praying mother nature gives us a little heat and humidity relief-- so we can actually enjoy being at the games!

On our way out to Dallas on Friday we will stop in Shreveport at the clinic. I will have some bloowork done and my "mock" transfer. With the mock transfer-- they are going to go in and take a look at my lining and ovaries-- make sure there are not polyps/cyst. I don't think I have ever had either-- so we should be good to go. They will also measure my uterus-- this helps them prepare so that the day of the actual egg transfer they know exactly what they are working with!

Next week really starts the process for us-- next Wednesday--I go in for more blood work (I think they may suck me dry!) and for our "injection" class! YIKES!! Gary will essentially learn how to stab me with those needles that I glare at each time I walk by the dining room table. I think they are haunting me!!

I have read about some side effects of the drugs I will be taking next week-- mainly headaches and bloat. I pray that I don't have that reaction b/c honestly I hate headaches! I don't really know anyone that likes them... but I really hate them. We'll see...I guess if that is the worst part of all this... I can manage!

In case I don't write again until after the weekend... have a great one!

7 comments:

shawna said...

There is not much more in life that I have worse than headaches. Unfortunately, I was one of those that suffered. My doc did call in Tylenol with Codeine, and it helped some. I just thought I would let you know that you might have options.
Have fun at the baseball games. I live just outside of Dallas. Let me warn you that it is so hot and muggy this week. I will be checking in on you next week. I start shots tomorrow, so yippee!! Here's to BFPs!

Heidi said...

I haven't done injections yet, so I am no help there. Good luck with your mock transfer, and have a wonderful trip!!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Oh, I am jealous of your three day week! That sounds nice. :)

Jendeis said...

Over here from NaComLeavMo. I hope that you have a wonderful and relaxing long weekend in Dallas. Good luck with the mock transfer and I hope to follow your story soon.

Kristine said...

It's very exciting to be starting a new path isn't it.

I assume you will be starting lu.pron? That gave me quite a headache due to the estrogen supression. Tylenol helped. I imagine as Shawna said that tylenol with codeine would be a good option too. Maybe you'll be lucky and it won't bother you. Best of luck!

Mama Bear said...

good luck on your journey - I had no s/e when doing injections and the shots were not bad at all -- I hope you have no headaches!

Mara said...

Here from NCLM... I hope that your mock transfer went well, and that you had easy blood withdrawals for the tests!

Have a great time in Dallas!