Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just waiting...and waiting...and waiting....

Everyday that goes by... is complete torture! Right now I am waiting for the IVF Nurse Coordinator to call me and give me my "plan."
I was impatient last week and called pretending I was calling for a follow-up on my blood work. (sneaky...i know) She called me back and told me my blood work looked fine (phew...I was worried!) and told me she would call this week with my IVF plan. So I know today is only Tuesday... the 2nd day of the week...but I couldn't wait any longer... I had to call again.
So I left a message and she just called me back. This time...I pretended the reason for my call was that I need to schedule some meetings for work and really needed to know my approximate schedule before I could do that. (not 100% untrue, but I certainly could have waited a few more days!) Anyway... we chatted a bit and she gave me the 2 possible weeks that the magic could happen. AND she said that she would be calling either tomorrow, Thursday or Friday (way to narrow it down Nurse Cindy!)to go over the actual and complete plan.
I am sure they realize...but I don't think they REALLY realize how long each day seems when you are waiting to hear about when you will have the opportunity to create a baby.

Slow but steady wins the race...right???

No comments: