Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Clear mind (well clearer)

I have a clearer mind today than I did yesterday. I decided yesterday that I would not be testing today. I will not test at home tomorrow either. I have decided I can not torture myself like that any longer. At this point-- all of this is out of our hands. If Gary and I were meant to get pregnant from this cycle, then I will have a very shocking call tomorrow afternoon. If we weren't, well then we will regroup and figure out what to do next. In the words of my wonderful hubby- "We will have our baby." One way or another.

One thing that my friend told me-- that I keep reminding myself is this:
"God doesn't give us the dream and desire if He is not going to fulfill it for us. Our problem is His time does not always meet our schedule!"

I have learned a lot from this friend and she knows who she is. Thank you D.

I also had a great walk yesterday afternoon with another of my wonderful friends "R". She is my ear and my shoulder here and I honestly don't know what I would do without her. She is always so clear and level headed and talking to her ALWAYS makes me feel better. We walked and talked and after 45 minutes-- I felt SO much better. My mind felt more clear. And darn it- I forgot how good it felt to exercise... sadly it has been a LONG time.

I also had another great friend (M) call me yesterday. Actually she called me twice-- which never happens! :) So when she called a second time...I knew she had something good to tell me. She called to tell me that her sister in law, who has amazing triplets from IVF, called to tell her that she read my blog and wanted me to know that she felt exactly as I felt on Sunday and that she tested negative up to a couple days before her blood test. This gives me hope. The more stories I find out there... the more my hope builds. Thank you M and P! :)

So this is where I am. I am tearless as I write this- which makes me feel like I am at peace with whatever happens tomorrow. We all know how I hope it ends... but only time will tell. Thank you all for your strength and prayers-- they have meant the world to Gary and me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Meech.. I know everything will work out. Still praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm crying here reading your post. I believe Gary is right "you will get your baby, one way or the other". Also, I checked in with some of my online Mommy friends about IVF and they all felt that you can't be sure until 2 weeks after the transfer so there is definitely still time. Love you & thinking of you. Keep your spirits up!

The Becklets said...

We are praying for you in Scranton, PA! The road to Motherhood is not always straight, but the final destination is worth the journey.
Patty

Mimi said...

I love your dh's attitude and that you have this kind of strength pulling for both of you! That and sending you P & PT for your test results tomorrow. (I commented before with bfn's before a bfp and probably tested too early!) What time of day do you think the call will come?

(((HUGS)))

my hope my faith my love said...

Glad you are feeling better, praying for your positive tomorrow!

Debi said...

Hoping and praying that you get the news you want.