Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My memory

So I wanted to do something to mark this time in our lives. I wanted a way to always remember all that Gary and I had gone through-- not that I could have easily forgotten. I decided to get a tattoo. Never really thought that I could go through with it...but yesterday I did!

My tattoo was thoroughly thought out. Two branches of cherry blossoms. One branch has 7 flowers with each flower having 5 petals. This totals 35 petals and that is Gary's age. The other branch has 6 flowers with each flower having 5 petals. This totals 30 petals and that is my age. Then we added butterflies to represent our embryo's.
Cherry blossoms represent spiritual beauty. I truly feel like my spirit has had to go through a transformation in this process so I thought they were a great symbol. The butterflies- small and beautiful- just as my embryo's once were.
Just like the entire IVF process-- it was painful!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap MEECH. I love it!!!!

Debi said...

YAY! You did it! I was wondering whether or not you went through with it. I'm glad you did - it looks great.

Mel ~ Psyched for Baby said...

I love it! The colors look great together. You have a lot of meaning there.

I plan to get one for our angel babies sometime in the future. I need to do more researching and design something that will be a beautiful lasting reminder of what was.

I don't know how you could do it on the top of your foot though! Ouch!

shawna said...

It's beautiful! I love the hidden symbolism.

Ani said...

You are so brave... I love the design. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's incredible. What a beautiful design and I love the symbolism behind it.

Stephanie said...

I love your tattoo. I am really thinking of getting one too. I think yours is beautiful and I hope it brings you some comfort to know it will be with you always.