Monday, July 21, 2008

Well... nothing we didn't already know...awesome! (sense the sarcasim)

Finally talked to the Dr. today. Unfortunately he didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. My need to talk to him was basically to confirm my understanding of how he came up with the predicted 35% success rate if we tried again.

His answer:
-Based on his clinical judgement looking at all of the factors that went into the first cycle-i.e. sperm quality, # of embryos we produced, quality of those embryos, my response to the meds, how the embryo's developed, our ages, etc. that is how he determines is prediction.

So really nothing knew. In the week and a half since the dreaded voicemail-- I was able to figure that out on my own. Just annoying. Annoying that there isn't some "Ahh Ha!" reason as to why this didn't work. Oh, but don't worry-- he did suggest we try again. Umm.... yes! of course you do. Win or lose... you still get our money. I hate to sound cynical and bitter...but honestly...I kinda am. (very sad to admit)

Anyway... that's that. We will keep moving forward...slowly...but surely!

1 comment:

DC said...

I'm so sorry about your BFN. Having to rinse and repeat ART is SO frustrating and demoralizing. But we somehow always manage to pick ourselves up and get back in the saddle. I know you will be a mother. A wonderful mother. :)