Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Daddy Instincts

I meant to post this over the weekend and forgot. I have to just tell you how cute Gary was at the baseball game on Friday night and how I know he is going to be an awesome daddy.

So our seats on Friday night were in row 8 along the third base line-- prime target place for speeding foul balls. About 20 minutes before the game starts an older woman comes and sits in front of us. She had several bags with her and puts them in a couple of the other seats-- we figured she had others with her. A little bit later a younger girl and an older man join her (assuming her husband and daughter). Her daughter has a young baby in a swaddler. Now generally I would think nothing of this. Gary looks at me, looks at the girl and shakes his head. He leans over to me and says-- "This is a very bad place to be sitting with a baby-- what is wrong with people?" I thought it was so cute that his first thought was about the safety of the baby! His protective instincts are there... and the baby wasn't even his!

Thankfully, the only time a foul ball came in our direction... the mother and baby were already gone.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Awww, that's so sweet! He'll be an awesome dad. :)

Miss Feisty said...

He's going to be a very protective dad...a great one! :)