Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Jinx

So I think I jinxed myself with my last post about how my tummy was sore. Not soon after I posted did the clinic call and tell me I needed to up my dosing AND that I have to split the doses to morning and evening injections! Great... 2 added injections per day! I really am going to run out of room!

In light of trying to stay positive...I know this is all for a good cause! I know that in 3 weeks when I pee on that stick and see 2 lines...it will have all been worth it! Each and every needle stick I endure will be in effort of a miracle!!

I am also happy to say that I have found a car pool buddy! As I have posted before my clinic is an hour and a half from my house...aka $70 in gas! So when I went in on Monday for my 30 seconds of blood work-- i mentioned to the nurse how great it would be to know someone from my town who was cycling with me. She said they actually had a couple ladies from my town. So I gave the nurse my number and told her that if anyone came in on Monday from my town and was also going in the day of my next appointment to give them my number and if they were interested in carpooling to give me a call. Sure enough... Monday afternoon-- I got a call. So on Thursday I will be riding to my appt. with a complete stranger! Ha! Seems strange...but in reality she and I already have something bonding us together--INFERTILITY! I look forward to hearing her story! (hopefully she will want to share)

6 comments:

Kim said...

How great! Hope the extra shots do the trick for you! nclm

Mimi said...

Oh.. yuck with the extra shots but COOL with the cycle/driving buddy! Sure hope you two hit it off and are on the road to success! Yes, that looks as corny as it sounds, but I figured I'd post it anyway!

Anonymous said...

I love your attitude. I don't sense anywhere in your writing that you don't think it will work. Sometimes mind over matter works in mysterious ways.

Good luck. NCLM.

Christi said...

Good Luck! sorry about the extra shots :(

Tanya said...

Great news on the car pooling. I admit I drive rarely so I'm not really that concerned with the price of gas (my 1 1/2 year old car has 12,000 km on it).

Miss Feisty said...

Extra shots suck...but you are right, it will be so worth it in the end!

And, isn't it funny how easy it is for infertiles to bond? I met a girl from one of the boards I go to & I felt like we were friends for forever!

Take it easy!!!