Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ovary Check, Baseball and Window Shopping- Does it get better??

What a great weekend we had! Seriously... I wish every weekend was a 3 day weekend!

Our weekend started off on Friday. We were heading to Arlington, TX to watch Texas Rangers baseball. Anyone who knows my hubby knows that a majority of his life revolves around sports! On any given night of the week the sound of baseball on TV echos through our house. He literally watches it almost every night! So this weekend was our first trip to the Ballpark in Arlington to watch a couple games. (I will fully admit- I have come to really enjoy baseball!!--but please don't tell my hubby ;) )


On our way out we stopped in Shreveport for my blood work and mock transfer appointment. It went great! Took far less time than I had expected. Basically the Dr. did his thing to measure and route his map for the actual egg transfer. He told me my ovaries looked great and because of this he was going to save us a trip this week! Yay!! I wont lie-- being able to save the $60 in gas it takes to get there and back-- a wonderful thing!! Because we were not going to be making the trip out there this week they had to show us how to do the injections. I have to say-- now that they showed us how to do it-- I am not as worried. I still don't think the pain of nightly injections will be fun, but the actual process doesn't seem like it will be so bad! Hallelujah!!!


After our appt. we made the 3.5 hour drive to Arlington! The weather was absolutely gorgeous this weekend! On the hotter side (mid 90's and 70% humidty), but not a cloud in the sky. Perfect weather for 2 night baseball games. We had great seats and a great time!

While we were in the Dallas area we took advantage of being able to browse in a "nice" mall-- so we headed to the Dallas Galleria. Nice stores-- great for lots of browsing! The only thing we purchased... candy apples! :) Rocky Mountain Chocolate Company has the best! The most unhealthy way to eat an apple- but a total treat!


Today we made our way home! We were so anxious to see Tanner. We talked about him all weekend! He spent the 2 nights across the street at our neighbors (Thanks Rachelle!). They have a 6 month old Rottie puppy who is a total ball of energy. Tanner was pooped when we picked him up. This has been his position since he came home... Poor thing...tough being a doggie! :)I will say...I think he has the right idea! I am beat and ready to head to bed!

All in all...this was a great weekend before the madness of our IVF life begins! Bring it on! :)

13 comments:

SassyCupcakes said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend. It looks so nice and sunny! Given how cold and foggy it's been here I'm very jealous.

Great that your appointment went well too. *fingers crossed* this goes really well for you.

K @ ourboxofrain said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I love getting to spend a nice night at the ballpark. It was a good weekend here too -- we hadn't had a weekend with nice weather in ages (though poor advance forecasting made it tough to plan).

And hooray for a good appointment! I hope the start of the injections this week goes well!!!

Monica said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Good luck on the shots, they aren't that bad.

Erin said...

Hi from NCLM. Sounds like you had an eventful weekend. Glad that your appointment went well and you will save a trip.

Good luck this cycle!

smartypants said...

What a great way to relax before you begin the IVF process!!! Good luck in the coming weeks!
(NCLM)

DC said...

Tanner looks tuckered out!

Glad the mock transfer went well. :)

Sunny said...

Visiting from NaComLeavMo!

My husband would be so jealous to have a wife who accommodates his baseball obsession. :)

Good luck on your IVF cycle!

JuliaS said...

Rubbing an ice cube over the injection site first helps a bit. ;0) Good luck - hope it all works great for you!

Happy NCLM!

Jill said...

I too love three day weekends, especially when the weather is great!

I also think you are your dh are darling! Oh and Tanner... so cute!

Jendeis said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I think John Dear and I feel about hockey the way that you and Gary do about baseball.

Way to go on learning about injections and doing the mock transfer and gearing up for the IVF life!

Amanda said...

That sounds like it was a wonderful weekend. And a great way to relax before everything begins! Yay for the good appointment, too!

(Here from NCLM)

Kim said...

What a great weekend! A great way to relax and enjoy things before the stress of a new cycle sets in! Good Luck with you IVF!

Unknown said...

Here from NCLM

What a sweet pupppy.

Great that you had such a nice weekend. I'm a huge baseball fan myself, but I'm partial to the Red Sox. I know...evil Boston sports fan visits your blog!